Check out today’s video and learn how to balance being a parent, CEO, spouse and more.
Heart Shaped Dog Valentine Craft
- 2 white pom poms (I used sparkly kind)
- 1 black pom pom
- Pink and white card stock paper
- Googly eyes
Cut out a white heart for the dog’s face and two pink hearts for the ears. Glue them on as well as the pom-poms and a pink paper tongue! Add the googly eyes and he’s ready to go!
Toilet Roll Love Bugs for Valentine’s Day
Easy Love Bug Crafts for Preschoolers
The best Love bug craft for kids! I’m Kate and I blog over at The Craft Train, where we share crafty ideas for kids and parents. We are thrilled to be taking part in Red Ted Art’s ‘31 Days of Love‘ series once again.
LOTS of ideas to inspire you.. and now to these adorable Toilet Paper Roll Love bugs! Too cute!
Sponsored by Southwest AirlinesSale fares to celebrate our 50th birthday.Low fares for a getaway.SEE MORE
Kids love hearts, glitter, flowers and being creative so it is understandable that they are attracted to making Valentines Day crafts. They don’t really get the concept of ‘true love’ at this age, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t join in the fun and make some cool stuff. These Love Bugs are very simple to put together and the sky is the limit to how they can be designed and decorated. My five and six year old girls had a blast making these.
You will need a few basic supplies to form the base of these bugs, but when you get to the decorating part you can use whatever you fancy (or whatever you happen to have in the cupboard).
For your TP Roll Love Bugs, you will need:
You basically need toilet paper rolls and ANYTHING ELSE you can find in your craft statsh.. but we used:
– Toilet rolls or paper towel rolls cut to size.
– Googly eyes
– Pipe cleaners
– Construction paper
– Tacky craft glue
– Marker pens
How to make TP Roll Love Bugs for Valentine’s Day:
Paint some toilet rolls and allow them to dry. You can cut them down to a shorter length to get some smaller bugs if you like. We happened to have some ready-painted rolls stashed away in the craft box so we could get straight to the decorating.
First, an adult needs to poke six holes with a kitchen skewer for the pipe cleaner legs to go through – that’s three down each side. Simply poke the skewer in one side and out the other three times.
Cut two pipe cleaners in half to get four pieces. Use three of the pieces to thread through the holes to make six legs, then attach a small bead to each end of the pipe cleaners to create hands and feet. You are now ready to add the details. You can also add some washi-tape stripes or decorate the body with stickers, markers, glitter glue etc.
To create the wings and antennae fold your piece of construction paper in half and draw a medium-sized heart for the wing shape and a small heart with a stem coming from the bottom for the antennae. Cut these out while the paper is folded in half so that you get two of each shape. Use tacky craft glue to attach the googly eyes and heart shapes last of all and leave to dry.
Aren’t these little love bugs cute? Such a fun little TP Roll craft for Valentine’s Day!
Science teacher: When is the boiling point reached?
Student: When my mother sees my report card!
A little laughter goes a long way
What did mommy spider say to baby spider?
You spend too much time on the web.
hahahahahaha- Have a great day!
It’s craft time!
Are you and your little genius ready for some fund crafting??? Well, check out this fun Cookie Monster and Elmo handprint craft. Special thanks to simple everyday mom for the amazing idea!
- Colored card stock (in blue, red, orange and black)
- White card stock
- .5″ circle punch
- Glue stick (this one is our top pick)
- Cookie Monster & Elmo template
How To Make Handprint Elmo & Cookie Monster:
Trace your child’s hand onto the red and blue paper. Cut them both out.
Trace Elmo’s nose onto the orange card stock and cut out. Trace Elmo’s mouth onto the black card stock and cut out. Use the .5″ circle punch or scissors to cut out 2 eyes from the black card stock.
Arrange the red handprint with the fingers pointing down. Assemble Elmo by gluing the white eyes from the template onto the top of the handprint.
Glue the 2 black circles onto the middle of the white eyes from the template.
Glue the orange nose onto the bottom of the eyes, with about 1/3 of the nose overlapping the eyes.
Trace Cookie Monster’s mouth onto the black card stock and cut out. Use the .5″ circle punch or scissors to cut out 2 eyes from the black card stock.
Assemble Cookie Monster’s eyes by gluing one black circle to the top left part of the white eye. Glue the other black circle to the bottom right part of the white eye. This will give Cookie his signature silly look.
Arrange the blue handprint with the fingers pointing down. Glue the completed eyes to the top of the handprint. Attach the smile with glue just beneath Cookie’s eyes.
A Little Laugh
- Why is a computer so smart?
Cause it listens to its motherboard.
Elf & Santa cupcakes
Get the kids involved in making these cute elf and Santa cupcakes with our template for the chimney-style paper cases
For the cupcakes
- 175g butter , softened
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 orange , zested and 1/2 juiced
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the icing
- 100g unsalted butter , softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g icing sugar , sifted
For the legs
- fondant icing sugar
- candy canes
- strawberry pencil sweets
- black, green and white fondant icing
- gold and silver balls
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line bun tins with paper cake cases. Put all the ingredients for the cupcakes in a large bowl using 4 tbsp of the orange juice, then beat together for 1-2 mins until smooth.
- STEP 2Spoon the cake mix into the cases, so they are three-quarters full. Bake for 15-18 mins or until golden and firm to the touch. Cool in the tin for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack.
- STEP 3For the icing, beat the butter, vanilla and icing sugar until pale and creamy, adding 1-2 tbsp warm water to loosen, if needed. Ice the cakes with a palette knife or use a piping bag to create swirls deep enough to hold the Santa and elf legs.
- STEP 4For the legs, make a batch of fondant icing following the pack instructions. Cut the candy canes and pencil sweets into 4cm lengths. Use green fondant icing to mould elf boots around the candy cane legs and black fondant icing to mould Santa boots around the strawberry pencil legs. Add some white fondant around the top of Santa boots. Use the made-up fondant icing to stick a silver or gold ball onto each toe of the elf boots. Let the boots dry completely. Use our chimney template, to make paper sleeves to wrap around the cupcake cases. Push the legs into the cupcakes just before serving.
Prayer for Children
I would like to shout out IMOM for the 10 prayer topics we should pray over our children. I believe that prayer has power, and it is our responsibility to cover our homes and our children with the word of God. Join me every week as we share a powerful prayer topic for your little genius!
3. Pray for friendships.
Good friends are an important part of your child’s social and emotional development, and can play a major role in shaping their views. (Proverbs 12:26 “The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.”)
You must be logged in to post a comment.