This year I have been on a cooking journey! Deep inside of my soul I have always wanted to be the mom in the neighborhood that all of the kids visit because dinner is so delicious. After purchasing a few cookbooks, Ayesha Curry’s recipes topped them all. Every time a make a dish from this book my husband and children ask for more. So today I would like to introduce you to this meal that put smiles on my family’s face.
Make a comment if you try the recipe!
SLiM- See. Learn. Inspire. Make Moves
TOTAL TIME:0 hours 35 mins
3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. honey
Kosher salt and pepper
8 oz. savoy cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
1 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
1 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
SWEET POTATO CHIPS AND MAYONNAISE
4 c. sweet potato chips
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 c mayonnaise1 tbsp.
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp. chili paste (like sambal oelek)
1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 lb. ground turkey
2 tbsp. olive oil, for skillet
4 buns, split and lightly toasted
This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site.
- Heat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, honey, and a pinch each salt and pepper. Add the cabbage, apple, and jalapeño and toss to coat. Let sit, tossing occasionally, until ready to serve.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and spread the potato chips in an even layer. Bake just until warm (this releases the oils and helps the spice stick), about 5 minutes. Toss with the paprika.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl,whisk together the mayonnaise, Sriracha, and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chili paste, soy sauce, and ginger; stir in the onion, then add the turkey and mix to combine. Form the mixture into four 3⁄4-inch-thick patties.
- Heat a grill, or the oil in a large cast-iron skillet, to medium-high heat. Grill or cook the burgers until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F, 7 to 8 minutes per side on the grill or 4 to 5 minutes per side in the skillet.
- Spread the buns with a touch of the Sriracha mayonnaise, then top with the burgers and slaw. Serve with the potato chips and remaining mayonnaise.
PER SERVING 735 CAL, 43 G FAT (7 G SAT FAT), 86 MG CHOL, 944 MG SOD, 29 G PRO, 58 G CAR, 7 G FIBER